Fire Alarm Making High-Pitched Noise
When you have your fire alarm making a high-pitched noise and there is obviously no fire or dangerous smoke at home, we can define the following reasons, quite similar to when we described the smoke alarm making a high-pitched noise without apparent reason.
Fire alarms are more sensitive now than those manufactured in the past. Therefore these issues are quite common now and the high pitch noise is annoying.
In most cases, one of the following cases which are mentioned below can create a lengthy, high-pitched alarm sound in the smoke alarm.
- False Alarm: Many different factors besides fire or smoke might activate your smoke alarm or sometimes it is a simple fault or glitch in the machine.
- Battery replacement: New fire alarms include batteries of low duration, so you will have to change them in a couple of months. Intermittent high-pitched beeps are expected every thirty seconds or once every sixty seconds.
- Expired Smoke Alarm: Smoke detectors only have a lifespan of roughly 10 years, which many people are unaware of. After then, some of the parts start to degrade, which causes the alarm to become ineffective or useless.
- Steam: When someone takes a steamy shower, having your alarm too close to the bathroom door might cause it to go off.
- Smoke: The majority of us have burnt food while cooking. If the situation is serious enough, your alarm will chime.
- Dust: Much the same way that smoke affects the smoke alarm, a lot of dust blowing in through an open window also has an impact.
- Heat: Anytime a smoke alarm is near a heat source, there is a possibility that it will be activated when the heat turns on. If a door is abruptly opened, dramatically altering the room’s temperature and the location is either chilly or warm, an alarm may go off.
Carbon Monoxide Detector High Pitch Noise
Another cause for a fire alarm to make high-pitched noise is the detection of carbon monoxide.
Instead, if the noise or beeps occur within thirty or sixty seconds, it means that the batteries must be replaced.