Note: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for made purchases.
Under sink water heaters is the go-to choice for a compact yet effective water heater for a residential or commercial space. Compared to conventional water heaters, under-sink heaters consume only a minimal amount of space but come in multiple variants. For instance, you can choose between tankless under-sink water heaters and tank-type under-sink water heaters.
Even though these machines cannot provide you hot water throughout the house, they are enough for single faucets and kitchen sinks. You would not have to turn off the whole-house water heater to get hot water for a cup of oatmeal or something in such cases. Under-sink water heaters are also pretty popular among RVs, campers, and other on-the-go living solutions. Since they require minimal power, you can connect the water heater to a solar power grid as well. Here is the minor issue, though. Because under sink water heaters are designed for multiple needs, you have to choose the right product for your needs.
In this article, we have talked about five of the best under-sink water heaters in the market. We have added tank-system and tankless water heaters into the system. You can also find some variety when it comes to the capacity and size of the heater. Shall we get started?
- KiloWatts: 1.4
- Weight: 17.3lbs
- Tankless: No
The Bosch Electric Tronic 3000 T Mini-Tank Water Heater is a water heater you can use at your home or RV. The best part is that you can mount it on the shelf, wall, or mount. Therefore, using the product as an under-sink water heater would not be challenging. Because we are dealing with a tank-based water heater, you will have uninterrupted access to hot water. Despite all these advantages, this minimal water heater is not that expensive. And you can count on many of its features.
- It is effortless to set up the Bosch Electric Tronic 3000 T Mini-Tank Water Heater. Even if you are new to plumbing, the setup process will not consume a lot of time.
- In addition to using high-quality materials for construction, Bosch Electric has left ample options for maintenance. So, keeping the heater in good health would be super-easy.
- As mentioned earlier, the device comes with a 4-gallon tank, which can store hot water for instant consumption. It means you will not have to wait for hot water.
- The Bosch Electric Tronic 3000 T Mini-Tank Water Heater comes with various mounting hardware. It is easy to use the hardware for mounting the product under the sink, on a shelf, etc.
- Despite the simple design, this tank-based under-sink water heater has a temperature range of 65F to 145F. Its water pressure range is set at 150psi as well.
- We must also appreciate the simple control panel you can find on the device’s front. There are not many fancy features, but you can get the job done.
- Many reviews indicate that the Bosch Electric Tronic 3000 T Mini-Tank Water Heater is not the most durable product. You cannot expect it to run for more than a few years at best.
- The water heater has been designed for instant installation and straightforward use. It means you do not get any customization options. So, if you are into DIYing, you may want to stay away.
- There are also a few cases of temperature fluctuation that we have noticed. It happens before the water heater can heat the water to the maximum level.
We loved the fact that the Bosch Electric Tronic 3000 T Mini-Tank Water Heater comes with every bit of tools you need for installation. For instance, you will have access to many mounts, screws, and other types of installation assistants.
We recommend the Bosch Electric Tronic 3000 T Mini-Tank Water Heater for most homes, apartments, and RVs out there. Thanks to the simple installation procedure and direct access, you can set up and start using the water heater in a few minutes. Even though not as energy efficient as a tankless water heater, you power the heater using a battery or solar system. Therefore, if you need an under-sink water heating system with a reasonable price tag, it is an incredible choice.
- KiloWatts: 1.4
- Weight: 18lbs
- Tankless: No
The EcoSmart Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater is one of the highest-rated water heaters on Home Depot. It happens to be a fantastic water heating solution if you need a low-capacity tank-based heater for both your home and office needs. The best part is that you can save some more money when compared to buying our winner pick. After looking at the specifications and looking at hands-on reviews, we think this water heater has a lot to offer.
- Because the EcoSmart Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater uses only a 2.5-Gallon tank, the entire heater system does not consume a lot of space. You can keep it under the sink without any issues.
- Unlike our winner pick, this tank-based water heater comes with an adjustable temperature range of 50F to 140F. While it does not offer ultimate temperatures, we appreciate the control.
- Installing the EcoSmart Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater for on-point use is a piece of cake. It does not require venting options and plugs into the standard 120V outlet, which is convenient.
- Once again, it is nice to see that the package contains almost every tool for installation. Even if you do not hire a professional plumber, you can get started with ease.
- This water heater looks more modern and ergonomic than our winner pick. Therefore, you will find it easy to add it to a modern home or RV.
- Thanks to the compact design and easy wire management, installing this system under the sink is an easy task. You can use the machine as an on-point booster as well.
- Like the winner pick, the EcoSmart Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater does not offer much control — except for the knob. It is an area where the manufacturer could improve things.
- Because of the 2.5-gallon capacity, you cannot use the device for showers or anything. Yet, it is enough for most sinks and kitchen faucets.
We could not find any worth-mentioning extra features in the EcoSmart Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater. It is, nevertheless, great that you get impressive customer support from EcoSmart. There are extensive support options from Home Depot as well.
You should consider getting the EcoSmart Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater if you need to save a bit more. It means you will have access to a comparatively low-capacity tank and less control. It will not cause energy loss or water wastage on the bright side. If you have a small home, you will find it easy to install this under-the-sink water heater in a few minutes. Because the package contains everything for assembly, you can get started in a minute or two.
- KiloWatts: 1.5
- Weight: 17.6lbs
- Tankless: No
You should consider the Camplux ME25 Mini Tank Electric Water Heater alternative if you need a low-cost tank-based water heater. This variant comes with a maximum capacity of 2.5 gallons and can be an excellent choice for small to medium homes. We also loved the ergonomic design that the makers have used to build the heater.
- 2.5 gallons is a good capacity, to begin with. It means you can connect the Camplux ME25 Mini Tank Electric Water Heater to almost every sink and expect a consistent water supply at all times.
- Even though it is one of the cheapest water tanks on the list, the product looks elegant from almost every angle. Even if you install it in an exposed area, you will not have any issues.
- Like other products we have listed, the Camplux ME25 Mini Tank Electric Water Heater also comes with a super-simple installation, and you can use the thermostat control with ease.
- Thanks to the innovative design, you can rely on this device for a quick water supply. As long as you have a reliable power supply, you will have hot water.
- Some reviews have indicated the problem of brown water in some models. You can always get in touch with the customer support team in these cases.
- Despite the low-capacity tank inside, the Camplux ME25 Mini Tank Electric Water Heater seems to be pretty heavy.
We could not find any noteworthy extra features in Camplux ME25 Mini Tank Electric Water Heater.
You should choose the Camplux ME25 Mini Tank Electric Water Heater if you need a reliable tank-based water heater. This package brings you everything in an elegant package, and you do not have to pay a colossal sum either.
- KiloWatts: 3.0
- Weight: 3.44lbs
- Tankless: Yes
The Stiebel Eltron 220816 Tankless Electric Water Heater is the only tankless under sink water heater on our list. However, it is an excellent alternative to any of the products we have mentioned earlier. We think it brings the best combination of performance, elegant design, and multi-use systems. The product is the best for RVs and campers as well.
- Unlike the other products, the Stiebel Eltron 220816 Tankless Electric Water Heater uses a heating element of 3.0kW. It means you can expect hot water in mere seconds.
- Compared to other products, this tankless water heater is exceptionally lightweight. So, you would not have any problem placing it under the sink or placing it somewhere on your RV.
- Since there is no tank, installing the Stiebel Eltron 220816 Tankless Electric Water Heater is easy. You can mount it up or down according to your requirements.
- We must keep in mind that the water heater is made for a single hand washing sink. If you use it in a similar environment, you can expect the best performance.
- Even though the Stiebel Eltron 220816 Tankless Electric Water Heater is made in Germany, there are a few caveats about the build quality. It is not as premium as we would expect.
- Some reviews indicate that the product provides consistent hot water, but it impacts the final water pressure, which is not ideal for all people.
We did not find any extra features worth mentioning in the review.
You should get the Stiebel Eltron 220816 Tankless Electric Water Heater if you do not want the baggage of a built-in tank. Even though there are some durability concerns, this low-cost water heater will provide you a constant hot water supply on any day.
- KiloWatts: 1.4
- Weight: 15.5lbs
- Tankless: No
The Ariston Andris Mini-Tank Electric Water Heater is another product you can consider. It also happens to be the cheapest tank-based water heater you can find on the list. This particular model comes with a 2.5-gallon tank inside. If you want a direct water heating experience without any fancy features, you cannot go wrong with this choice.
- Compared to other competitors, the Ariston Andris Mini-Tank Electric Water Heater is very compact and easy to handle. You can control the device with no problem whatsoever.
- Despite the low price tag, the product comes in a comprehensive package. It means you do not have to purchase extra pipes or connectors to set up the water heater.
- As you can expect, the Ariston Andris Mini-Tank Electric Water Heater uses standard electric input and water input. You do not have to be a DIY expert to handle all these.
- Ariston also offers one of the best warranties we have seen in the industry. You get a six-year limited warranty on the tank and a 2-year warranty on other parts. It just does not get better.
- Some may find that 2.5-gallon is not enough for families. On the other hand, if you use the under-sink heater in an RV, it is all smooth.
- Once again, minimal controls are available on the front. If you want to customize the hot water you get on the faucet, it is not ideal.
Apart from the excellent warranty from the manufacturer, the tank-based water heater does not offer many features.
You should get the Ariston Andris Mini-Tank Electric Water Heater if you need maximum savings but do not want to worry about durability. This tank-based water heater gets the job done, and it does not require much maintenance over time, either.
Under Sink Water Heater FAQ
- Can you put a tankless water heater under the sink?
Yes, you can put a tankless water heater under the sink. However, it does not mean that you can use one of the fully-fledged tankless water heaters made for whole-house purposes. Instead, you have to purchase an under-sink tankless water heater. These machines do not come with a built-in tank, but they can provide you with hot water on demand. Tankless water heaters use powerful heating elements and super-accurate circuitry to make these possible. Therefore, whether you want hot water for oatmeal or tea, you will not have to wait for minutes.
- How do you get instant hot water under the sink?
You can get instant hot water under the sink by placing an under-sink water heater. The heater could be a tankless one or a tank-system one. In both cases, the device can give you hot water on demand. Once you have set up the heater, you can turn on the faucet whenever you need hot water. In seconds, you can enjoy a hot water supply through the tap. It is a comparatively quicker process because you do not have to turn on the whole-house water heater system. A whole-house water system may take time to bring hot water to the faucet, but an under-sink heater does the job instantly.
- Does Home Depot install a tankless water heater?
Home Depot offers installation service for tankless water heaters, but you must be living in one of the covered areas. You need to follow three steps to get this service. First, you have to set up a free consultation, which would ask questions about the water heater setup. In the second step, the team will seek suggestions from a local professional. You can schedule the full-service installation and get the job done in the third step. Home Depot offers a relatively comprehensive service, as it can deliver the new water heater and haul away the old one.
- Why do I have hot water in the sink but not the shower?
There could be many reasons responsible for this error. Most commonly, though, your whole-house water heater may not be working correctly. In that case, if you have set up an under-sink water heater, you would have an unlimited hot water supply in the sink, but not the shower. It may also happen due to problems of connectivity in the plumbing system. If the route to the shower is blocked, you may not get hot water in the shower. If you find yourself in this situation, you should see if the whole-house water heater is working. If it does not solve the problem, you may need professional support.
Based on the model you select, under sink water heaters can be a great addition to your home, office, or RV. Because we have included different models that need different amounts of energy, you would not have problems fitting one of them to your not-so-heavy solar system, either. If properly maintained, the machines can last for a few years without a problem. We have also considered the preferences you may have regarding hot water availability. We could have done the best, including tank-system and tankless under sink water heaters to the list.